I am not sure about how many people actually realize how much we depend on a free and open internet. It seems all our commons are under attack and I am for extending them rather than making them smaller. The internet is our modern noosphere and we have responded to the new threat of FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler and his plan to kill Net Neutrality with lots of energy. Let’s keep going! And YES, signing an online petition makes a difference!
I only got a quick moment to post this. Richard Miller of Never Not Here just did an interview with me on his open mike project. I thought we had an amazing time together. You can find the video recording on his site. He called it: Daniel Hirtz is Electric.
I’m also embedding the video here but I highly encourage you to go to his website. There is so much there around non-dual awareness and non-dual action. Go check it out…
This is a longer conversation and we already agreed to do some follow up on this. To my good friends: would you please watch it and then let me know what came up for you? What’s really important to me these days is the connection between our spiritual awakening and they way we do business… 🙂 This video talks a bit about that…
It has been a while since I blogged last… sometimes I wonder why I have to pass some resistance every time I do it… Is it because I am concerned what you will think about me? Is it because I post controversial content? Is it because I do not want to make sure that you have a positive image of me and to make sure that I do not unintentionally close the door to the possibility that we might do business together?
I am just blown away how much all of us have bought into a world in which money finally is the one god we all believe in. It transcends religion, political systems, culture, environment and almost all aspects of our modern life. And yet the international monetary system is not designed for the many… it’s designed for the few. So how come that the many – who are actually the ones who are needed to keep it alive – have given and continue to give their power to the few?
It is time to wake up to the power of our relationships… to wake up to the power of our love for each other… to wake up to the unity of all life and the irresistible beauty of our existence. Are you ready to love out loud?
Here is a little clip I want to share with you:
Civil disobedience is certainly part of what I belive in and this movie is full of it… but there is more that I feel we have to do. It is to create a culture that actually lives the values that we charish… and lives them out loud!
Please don’t stay passive 🙂 Let’s love out loud!
This movie is very well done and really expresses in many ways how I look at my life and the challenges of our time. Oneness is not just a spiritual realization it is the magnetizing force our relationships. Living oneness is just so much more fun than anything else…
I’d love to hear from you… 🙂
At one point during the symposium we are asked at to explore our assumptions about the way we live our lives.
We formed small groups, took some time to explore them and wrote them down.
As an example: in one of the movies shown during the Symposium Julia Butterfly Hill points out one of our most common assumptions: that there is a place called “Away”. She asks: “When you say ‘I throw this away’… where is AWAY?”
Here are the assumptions that we explored:
- That we all have opportunities for everybody.
- Homelessness, poverty, hungry people are not that many “here”.
- We assume that people will take/make a change (and it will be done for us).
- Spiritual fulfillment will come (out of economical success??)
- I can understand what is going on and make a judgment about it with the faculties (like my little brain).
- I can speak about what is going on.
- “THEY” do not understand… (as well as I do).
- Sun will rise daily.
- We have air to breathe.
- Water runs… showers will work… (more than one group listed this).
- Phone utilities work.
- Enough food in store and everything else we need (more than one group listed this).
- Enough gas to drive (more than one group listed this).
- Trash will be taken “AWAY”.
- Stores will open.
- We will have safe homes, shelter / safety.
- Crisis is required to create cooperation.
- Current state of things must change.
- Impossible / hard to be autonomous.
- Overpopulation will continue.
- Someone else will solve our problem.
- We can afford utilities (and have them) – electricity is clean.
- Children will live as long as us.
- US is going to be OK – problems are in other places.
- We assume what we eat is nutritious.
- Medications are going to make us healthy.
- That someone else (government) is working on our problems.
- We assume that we are powerless to make a change.
- Technologies solves ALL problems.
- I will be OK.
- With $ I will be OK.
- If economy grows everything will be OK.
- Someone else will take care of the poor.
- We (I) will thrive if we (I) look out for our(my)self.
- It is THEIR fault if they are poor, etc.
- I can live SEPARATE from THEM!
- I cannot dive into this because I must make a living (survive).
- I cannot help others because I first have to help myself.
- We (I) am “better” than “them” (others).
As you can see there is lots to ponder and much of what we opened of course still is open. If you participated in such a symposium and would like to know what to do after that please visit “The Awakening the Dreamer Initiative“.
One of the great productions that help us explore our assumptions is “THE STORY OF STUFF” with Annie Leonard. Please take the time to watch it at www.storyofstuff.com/. Please comment on this post, I would love to hear what you think…
Thanks for checking my blog, Daniel
Last Sunday we hosted the: “AWAKENING THE DREAMER CHANGING THE DREAM SYMPOSIUM”
This 3 hour experience will transform your relationship to the crisis and opportunity of this time in history. It is an interactive multimedia presentation with the purpose to strengthen the movement of awake, committed, engaged people. Watch a 4 minute trailer:
We want to thank all the wonderful people who took the time on a Sunday afternoon to explore “The Possibilities of the Future”. Our mission is bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and socially just human presence on Planet Earth. While this symposium makes it very clear how urgent it is that we take action in all 3 areas it also shows how many people and groups are already moving in that direction.
I am shocked about the superficiality of our discussions about health care, environment and social justice. It is as if individuals have decided that they can judge our situation on thei planet through the lens of a outdated ideology or religion and actually think that they ion their own mind have the “right” answer. The silly thing is that we are all looking for the same things… right? Money, power, control, wealth etc. all serve the same purpose: to live a better life and have a greater sense of aliveness. When are we getting that all of that already is available to us? Right here, right now. And out of that we easily will manifest that truth on this planet.
Check this video that Green For All recently released!
I thought you might want to see this. There is so much happening!